Dream Rigs!

Brian Coonan

Power User
Huge thanks to @austinbuddy for putting together the Dream Rig pack! I played this weekend with the Dirty Shirley presets with just a few tweaks on the FX to suit what I needed - but no tweaks at all to the amp settings and it KILLED! 3 dudes did that thing where they come up and saunter around looking for my amp and finally were like “man, what are you playing through - it sounds amazing” - they were very surprised when I pointed to the floor. Lol! Dream Rig pack is definitely a good investment! If some vid surfaces, I’ll share it.

Last edited:
Huge thanks to @austinbuddy for putting together the Dream Rig pack! I played this weekend with the Dirty Shirley presets with just a few tweaks on the FX to suit what I needed - but no tweaks at all to the amp settings and it KILLED! 3 dudes did that thing where they come up and saunter around looking for my amp and finally were like “man, what are yoh playing through - it sounds amazing” - they were very surprised when I pointed to the floor. Lol! Dream Rig pack is definitely a good investment! If some vid surfaces, I’ll share it.
Awesome Brian! So glad you love it!

Well, it's not live video from the show but it's the Dirty Shirley preset I used live (one with more drive) in it. I didn't know how to do multiple vids in one so I learned that yesterday and just did My Hero cause 1) it's super easy and 2) I had to learn it anyway for a show. I think it sounds good - especially on a $200 Yamaha Pacifica hahahah.

Austin how much costs that packet??
The 1000+ DreamRigs TonePack is $99 USD. You get six banks of sounds covering most every amp with a clean, low gain, medium gain and high gain or lead sound. Plus a bonus preset bank. Go to www.austinbuddy.com and make sure you pick the right product for the Fractal unit you have (Ax8 or Axe-Fx XL/XL+, or the original Axe-Fx Mark II.

Even though the Dream Rigs are using stock AX8 cabs, the one aspect of the Dream Rigs that gets overlooked is that everything is assembled, tweaked, and dialed in at a cranked volume. Straight to FOH sounds big and full. No need to worry if the sound you hear at home will translate to a full PA. If anything (maybe), you may need to adjust EQ for your guitar pickups and your FRFR speaker.

Even though the Dream Rigs are using stock AX8 cabs, the one aspect of the Dream Rigs that gets overlooked is that everything is assembled, tweaked, and dialed in at a cranked volume. Straight to FOH sounds big and full. No need to worry if the sound you hear at home will translate to a full PA. If anything (maybe), you may need to adjust EQ for your guitar pickups and your FRFR speaker.
Exactly! And the User Cabs I do use/include are to make it sound better via live sound too. Like including my Shiver cab. Thanks!

I really would like to have it, but in Brazil 1 dollar = 4.20 reais, it is a shame, it is very expensive for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom