Wish Drag/Drop swapping of Mixer block row inputs' settings

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
It'd be awesome if the editor could interpret a drag/drop of mixer block row inputs as "swap these settings" - especially for easily rearranging the assigned modifiers.

Frequently I find myself having to move a mixer with assigned modifiers down or up a row, which means completely setting up any modifiers involved from scratch, often having to screenshot the modifier pane due to not having any more of them to copy settings and then remove the old modifier. :) I USE modifiers, quite frequently over 25, and fairly frequently all 32, and it'd improve workflow immensely for rearranging things in a preset....

+1

Although IMHO a better way to do the mixer block would be to have multiple input connection points. You connect a preceding block to one of the connection points and the gain and balance parameters refer to connection points, not rows. That way you can move the mixer block and the preceding blocks around without breaking the mixer settings, so there'd be no need to rearrange the controls in the first place.

Also, IMHO the gain and balance parameters should reflect whether there is a corresponding input and only be enabled if the input is connected. If only two blocks are connected to the mixer block, only two gain parameters should be enabled.

+1

Although IMHO a better way to do the mixer block would be to have multiple input connection points. You connect a preceding block to one of the connection points and the gain and balance parameters refer to connection points, not rows. That way you can move the mixer block and the preceding blocks around without breaking the mixer settings, so there'd be no need to rearrange the controls in the first place.

Also, IMHO the gain and balance parameters should reflect whether there is a corresponding input and only be enabled if the input is connected. If only two blocks are connected to the mixer block, only two gain parameters should be enabled.

Both good points/ideas.

Back
Top Bottom