• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Doug Aldrich / Whitesnake patch!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Hey I just saw him demonstrating his rig and I just fell in love with his tone. I started GASing for his gear immediately etc... then I remembered that I own the Axe-Fx Ultra. Whattahell... I'll just match that and this is what it sounds like:

And before you ask I'll simply share it since I know it's awesome with no douchery intended but Aldrich is "the boss".

Attachments

I'm a bigger fan of the legendary Sykes tone but this sounds pretty good man. I'll have to share my attempt at his tone when I get back from vacation.

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Make it happen Matt!
Haha.. I don't see why people on this forum get kicks out of professionals using the Axe-Fx. I'm pretty sure everyone's convinced that Axe-Fx slays already. :D And you know Aldrich has toured with JMD Marshalls... the amp that has digital preamps and a tube power amp. So he's certainly not a tube purist in that sense. Very open towards the new stuff.

Personally I feel like the Axe-Fx has many low gain Marshalls and not so many high gain Marshalls... the JVM metal tone is something I'd love to have since it's very close a Mesa Mark IV type of sound but I guess even better in a way. :)

cdub

Regular
Thanks for sharing - this is awesome. I kicked the boost on & I'm really loving the tone - & yes Aldrich rules.

Top Bottom