Double tracked guitar trick

If I am using 2 amp blocks, I find just dialing in complimentary tones and using a small amount of delay on one of the cab blocks works best.

another way is use is one amp with a mono cab and a 2nd amp with a stereo cab and a stereo chorus after the cab block @100 % wet.

For an even more live 3D sound I'll use 2 amps each with a mono cab and a drive with a tone match essentially giving me a 3rd amp and cab. Panning, delay and clever EQ and there are all kinds of tricks to expand the sound.

I love the Axe FX II.

I'm digging this thread a lot even though there's multiple past threads about the same topic. I ended up sticking with one amp block into a stereo cab block. I use two different cabs and hard pan them. Then finally put the enhancer block at the end. It seems to really come alive this way.

Indeed ccclitz, it can sound cool... although 'authentic' and 'amp in the room' tend to fall by the wayside - if either of those matter to the user in the first place that is
wink.gif

Will work great with one guitarist and a set up that is always in stereo... things can get funky when 100% stereo is not achievable though...

Back
Top Bottom