Not a Bug Dotted 1/8th incorrect ms value?

Hi guys,

Just noticed that the dotted 1/8th not value is showing as 625ms, rather than 375ms.

I quickly flipped through all the different delay types and it's the same with all of them, but I didn't think to check other time values while I was nearby.

I'm not sure how long it's been like this, as I tend to set the time value manually :)

Axe FX 2 is on the latest firmware etc.

Any ideas?

Dotted 1/8th, and other values, are not fixed to a specific number of ms. It depends on the preset's tempo. This means that your preset tempo is different than before.

Why would a dotted 8th have any specific value to it, be it 375 ms, 625 etc ?

Its simply a ratio of the tap tempo value you enter for a given preset. If you want to set your delay time at 375ms, then you don't want to use note value for tempo, you want to turn that off, and instead enter the tempo to the specific ms time using the value knob.

Basically, if you want the song to match your specific delay time, manually enter ms values. If you want your delay time to match the song, as defined by how you tap the tempo in, then you set the delay time to a given note subdivision.

Sorry guys - was having a complete 'senior moment' regarding this.

I was so used to it defaulting to the mention value that it threw me for a minute. I must have somehow switched the default tempo value for the patch.

Time for more coffee!

Sorry guys - was having a complete 'senior moment' regarding this.

I was so used to it defaulting to the mention value that it threw me for a minute. I must have somehow switched the default tempo value for the patch.

Time for more coffee!
you could simply be using the Global tempo, which will change and affect all presets, globally.

Back
Top Bottom