Dorthal new track (metal/jazz/prog thing...)

Eldogond

Inspired
Hi there !

New track off my upcoming Dorthal album. (Release date around Mars/April 2013, digitally, and also as a Digipack !)
Last track off the album, this one has some sax, played by Cyril Prevost, an amazing musician, as you can clearly hear ! :D

All guitars, and bass, recorded with the Axe-FX II.
It's just a first mix, pre-production track, all guitars and bass has to be re-recorded.

Guitar : Mayones Regius 7
Bass : Mayones Patriot 5

Enjoy, and share if you like !

You, or this group of players, have such an interesting compositional voice. It's distinct and fresh - I always dig your stuff man. You played a part in my ordering of a Darkglass B7K yesterday, (which should arrive tomorrow I might add).

I was the dude that figured you have been listening to contemporary concert art music. I thought of another guy you should check out because I think it will blow your mind - Louis Andriessen. The guy does the most insane layering you've ever heard. It's total chaos music, minimalist style, and I can only listen to so much before my brain falls right out, but it's sick, sick stuff.

Thanks a lot Speculum !
I remember your comment about contemporary music (I answered by the way :D), for sure. I'm listening to Louis Andriessen right now, damn that's fantastic !

I don't use the B7K anymore sadly, I find myself happy with the Axe-FX II alone, even for the bass.
I'm thinking about selling mine in fact :eek: But it's a REALLY good bass pedal, I just don't use it enough to keep it.

Hope you'll have fun with your Darkglass ! And thanks, once again ;)

Killer track! This is the most original sound I've heard for a long time - some of the musical flavours that come to mind are Bungle, Coltrane, Meshuggah but really your own thing happening.

Bravo

Sounds interesting, though the horn parts don't....surprise me. I think some mids-y gainy guitars would be cooler sounding at least. In all, it sounds more like a movie scene piece than a piece of music.

Thanks guys !

@Sten : Because movies musics aren't pieces of music ? :eek:

Just kidding, thanks for the feedback ^^

Man, I don't know if I'd sell the BK7 ... mine just arrived today, and in the first hour, I was able to get tones that I couldn't get through the axe after tweaking for a few days; it's just a great preamp and sweetens up the bass signal so well. I'm running mine direct out via XLR to a mixer in the Axe's FX loop and its sound terrific using the cabs and effects.

Yeah - I have re-worked how I use the B7K to just sit in front of one amp and I'm finally getting one-take recordings that actually satisfy me. I can't wait to reamp with this thing in the chain and really go nuts on it's potential. I would never sell it, and am considering saving up for a dead horse for my guitar stuff. Unless you've already tone-matched the settings you like, of course. HA!

Back
Top Bottom