Dorthal new EP - Mécanique Vibratoire - Prog 'thing'

Eldogond

Inspired
Hey there !

Here is my new EP, Mécanique Vibratoire (wow, first french title here, as I'm french, it had to happen).

All the guitars has been recorded with the Axe-FX II for sure, just as the bass parts.

I already explained the guitar/bass patchs in older topics, but it's something like that :

2 clean amps/cabs (saturation ON) for the guitar, with some compression, and without any distortion pedal.
SV amp/cab for the bass, blended with the DI signal, with a lot of post processing in Cubase (EQ, comp, multi-band comp both tracks together etc).

The EP has been mastered by Acle Kahney at 4D Sounds (4D Sounds), and the great artwork is by Ani Artworks (www.facebook.com/AniArtworks).

Thanks for listening, and feel free to share it if you enjoy it ;)

Bandcamp link : Mécanique Vibratoire | Dorthal

Don't know why no one responded. I think it sounds good all round. Very fusion-y in rhythm and parts. Fidelity seems better through the soundcloud page. The overall character is kind of reserved, which is nice, although it could sound bigger and all, too.

Hey thanks ! :D

I think this EP doesn't have the impact my previous ones had, probably because it's fairly different. I may be wrong, maybe it's just shitty, in fact, I can't tell ahah !

I went for something 'totally' different than the usual prog mix, which is starting to get annoying to me. All the bands are starting to sound the same (imo), if not composition wise, mix wise at least.
But I'm 100% sure this mix could have been better. The fact is, I'm not used to it yet, and I'll have to work on it way more to start getting something really nice.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

I've really liked what I've heard so far man! Very unique in style, tone and production. I didn't even see this thread pop up or I would have said something. I think its probably too unique for some people, although that is what attracts me to it personally. Either way, you got a fan here!

Somehow your post got past me as well. Nice! It's good to hear something unique, and that goes for so much of what I hear on this forum. I definitely get what you're up to and I like it. Regarding the lack of response, while yours is a piece that is not necessarily slow to develop (it is only 2.30, after all), it's not terribly quick to develop either. Don't get me wrong - that's part of what makes it cool. Maybe, for the introduction to your EP, you should hit the listener over the head a little sooner. Lol. I'm looking forward to hearing more...

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks guys !

I think you made a good point hillbilly, I already experimented this with my previous EPs. Starting fast, and going straight to the point, just as the EP start is an excellent way to keep the listener's attention. This may be one of the reasons !

Feel free to say what you think, even if it's negative, all feedbacks are welcome, and I'd be happy to have a better idea on why this EP doesn't get as much attention as the previous ones.
I write music mainly because I love this, not to get attention, but I love to share it, and it's even better when peoples love this. That's why I find it interesting to understand this ; it doesn't mean I'll change it to get a bigger audience, I'll keep doing music just as I love to write it anyway, ahah :p

Back
Top Bottom