Don't use USB 3.0 port with Axe Edit!

For me it works fine until I have both Cubase 5 and AE 1.9 running at the same time on Windows 7. Dont know if its USB 2 or 3.
Then someting starts to bug and the FX2 starts to make repetitive pop sounds.
May be it is Cubase that doing stuff with the midi signals?
Anyone else with this issue?

Would be nice to record something in Cubase and then re-amp and tweak with AE :)

Thanks.

Fine on my Windows 8 machine. I am starting to see a pattern here so I bet it works fine on my Macbook too.

USB3 doesn't work for me, and never has. So it's not just the OP ;) I seem to remember an old thread about this, where a number a people described problems with USB3 compability, so it's a bit surprising that it works for so many now.

When I try and use USB 3 with the Axe/Axe-Edit, it's still slow, unresponsive and drops the connection quite often.

Last edited:
Just posting this here in case it's not found elsewhere. If you are having issues with AE, make sure you are NOT using a USB 3.0 port! I confirmed that it barfs badly when not using a USB 2.0 port. It will also not allow you to change amp types when editing, among other issues. Hope this helps some people. Please report here if this helps.

I have a feeling this problem might be specific to the hardware and drivers being used on a specific computer rather than any problems with AE, actually. I have struggled to get my 3.0 ports to work with my Axe but as you can see, others are having no problems. Maybe update your drivers and/or use "stock" Windows 7/8 drivers for USB 3.0 and see if that makes a difference. I don't care anymore because I just use 2.0 but might be worth a shot if you're dead set on using your 3.0 ports.

Another alarmist crying wolf. It's you. I, too, am having no problems with it.

I'm sorry if this is just me. I notice most of the users responding other than a few are using Macs. Could it be a Windows 7 x64 issue? It's probably just me, I promise I'm not trying to be alarmist or cry wolf. It's a bug on my system and I thought I should report it. It works perfectly with my USB 2.0 ports though.

I'm sorry if this is just me. I notice most of the users responding other than a few are using Macs. Could it be a Windows 7 x64 issue? It's probably just me, I promise I'm not trying to be alarmist or cry wolf. It's a bug on my system and I thought I should report it. It works perfectly with my USB 2.0 ports though.
I'm W7/x64 on USB3 with no issues.

If we're talking about onboard USB ports it could be a whole litany of things because depending on the motherboard it could be a variety of chipsets. I'd recommend getting the specifics on your hardware and doing some research online to see if anyone else is having issues with other devices. Typically if one thing doesn't work there are others that aren't.

Did you try what I posted?

As I stated, the USB 2.0 works fine, there was no conflict with the port but I reloaded it anyway and it still bugs out. I don't have an exclamation point (conflict) in Device Manager. I don't have a problem with anything else running on USB 3.0 so I assumed it was a bug with AE. It clearly is not a bug that everyone is suffering from and I am sorry to waste peoples time.

I've heard a lot of people complaining of disconnects and I know for certain that their is a bug where the amp type doesn't show up in AE when clicking on the Amp block. This was absolutely repeatable by me but only when using the USB 3.0.

Back
Top Bottom