"Don't Stop Believing" - Journey cover... metal version.

dragnerve

Hey all,

I thought I'd share a new cover I've just recorded. Yep... THE most played tune on the interweb... so here's one more version. ;)

I'm making no excuses... BUT, this is what I do when I'm ill with flu!! LOL!
It's not anything to do with my band this time, it's just a bit of fun. :)

A bit of info:
Rhythm guitars are quad tracked (5150 panned left 95 and 79, Soldano panned right 95 and 79)
The solo has a five part harmony (LOL!) all using a 5150 4x12 Redwirez 3 mic formula. I cant remember the exact formula but its basically using 2 mics out front, one of which is angled and a mic at the back of the cab to give it a bit of bass wellie!

The Clean guitars are a vox clean (I think....cant remember without being in front of my axefx) mirroring with an accoustic patch on the opposite side, plus a hormony pattern.

Anyway hope you enjoy it.

Lee

Last edited:
Thanks all! It was a nice fun project for the day.... one of many I think. ;)

Yeah I agree with you Mark, Glee is bloody aweful... I watched it once but had to switch over before I tore my ears off! LOL!
But I thought it would be funny to use the Glee footage as my video. :)

Scott... EVERY song should have 'chugga chugga'! ;)

Hahahah, that was freaking great mixing with the glee video.

Ignoring the video for a moment, I really enjoyed the song as well. The whole thing, guitar, vocals and the rest. Good stuff!

But that video was classic LMA.

Gotta say- I really like this version. I've listen to it several times now over the past few days. Well done!!

Back
Top Bottom