Don't repeat my Virtual Capo mistake

Ugly Bunny

Power User
...Until I realized I had the pitch shift parameter tied to an external control that wasn't attached, so it was "pitch shifting" 0 semitones, creating a massive amount of latency but no pitch-shifting (expected behaviour with no pitch shifting).

As soon as I turned on the external controller which set the pitch to -1 semitone, it sounded fantastic and had virtually no latency.

*whew.

Close call.

This thread title kind of gives off the feel of:

"You won't believe what these CBD gummies are doing for people in [insert city name based on IP address]!"

I've worked on several presets that rely on the color introduced by pitch = 0 for the desired effect. Often the artifacts/"shortcomings" of a given technology become what is most desirable about it in the long run. See vinyl, tape, tubes, etc.
Never considered that - will have to try it again in that context - + I've learned to route around with a volume block if I want to preserve one side pristinely with 0 shift, while the other side shifts > or < 0 - no biggy.

This is hilarious. This is the first time I've ever seen a thread title changed by a mod. I think I should get an award or ribbon or something :)

But yes, definitely click bait.

And no, I can't change the way the parameter is controlled since its bypass state as well as pitch shift are both controlled independently for different songs/scenarios. I actually just ended up making a second identical "Downtuned" preset with the only difference being no external controllers attached.

Back
Top Bottom