Don't know what you've got....

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
I have some admittedly basic monitors for whatever recording/mixing I do...but I've got some pretty great mixes banged out on them. Well, the power amp in my CLR crapped out and I've been forced to use the aforementioned monitors for my Axe...it's just awful everything sounds boxy and middy and just funky....it's killing me. How i've managed to get good mixes on these is some sort of miracle...and I really miss my CLR. The Axe is so much more fun when you can really here what it's doing...

I've got one of the old 50 watt tube Atomics I can loan you until yours gets fixed. It isn't a CLR, but it sounds pretty good!

Yes and unfortunately this is something that repeats itself over and over again. Especially with studio monitors. You think you have good monitors, then you add some acoustic treatment and they sound better. Then, someone lends you a couple of XXYYZZ Mark XIX and they sound better than yours. Good and bad of technology, but I like it ;).

i just hate how much it makes me question my tones! I love what I hear from the CLR and then I hear it through these monitors and messes with my brain....I'm surprised at how different they are.

Back
Top Bottom