Dokken "IN MY DREAMS" after 3 weeks with my AxeFX2

Fret Threat

Hey Guys,

Here's my version of Dokken's "In My Dreams" recorded with my AxeFX2 through ProTools8 into the analogue inputs of my M-box at home after owning this unit for 3 weeks. I did not go "hardcore" to try and clone Georges playing, (for example I chose to pinch the opening harmonics of the solo instead of tap them) my focus was getting a Lynch "type" of tone that suits this song and make it sound as real as possible.

Feel free to comment and ask any questions you may have as well as make suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ADRif7GxkC0#!

EDIT: Here's the patch link http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=547

Last edited:
LYNCH 1.jpg

Im using the Euro Euber, CAB LEFT Recto 4x12 V30 (RW) CAR RIGHT Recto 4x12 V30 (OH) both with 67 Cond mics, Analogue Chorus, PEQ, GEQ, Tape Delay, Large Plate Reverb, Classic Enhancer all in series. That's what sounds good to me so far for routing but as I said, I've only had it for 3 weeks and there's still many other avenues to explore. For the recording I used the delay and reverb from Protools. For the Petrucci tone I'm working on I'm blending in a Cali 4x12 cab to give it some for thump and different EQing. I have not even tried the tone match yet as I am trying to get a feel for it by ear first.

Nice. I can definitely appreciate a player that puts his own flavor in a cover. Nothing wrong with that! Patch sounds really good... but... as they say around here, "if you don't post the patch, it didn't happen". :p

(edit)-Singer from that backing track has a strong Steve Perry flavor. Nice. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the props guys.

I did mention which components I used to get this tone on my 2nd post but I have no idea how to upload this patch. As I said, I'm still an AxeFX2 noob lol. If anyone wants to provide me with a good link as to how this is done, that would be great.

LOVE IT.

We used to open all our shows with that song waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. You killed it. Played way better than I ever did. ;) :D

yes sounds really good. I didnt listen to it next to the record but it sounds really good to me! maybe better then the recording:)

Sounds soooo good! Great tone and AMAZING solo.
Thanks for sharing.

Side note.....Lynch was playing a PRS in one of those pics in your video.....never knew.

Back
Top Bottom