Does This Sound Like an AC30?

megalowmatt

This is the first time I have approached the axe with the idea of building a tone based on a real amp....i usually just scroll through and find what sounds good to me. Anyway, I have never actually heard an AC30 up close but always the way they have sounded in recordings so I thought I would give it a shot.

Here it is:

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm26 ... 0_test.flv

this is a really basic recording of a clean sound. Can anybody confirm this is the basic ac30 sound? Any input and suggestions are appreciated!

matt

Ah' matt, very subjective. I have owned six over the years,all sounded different :x
each had a certain character of it's own, but you have a ball-park approximation
of what a good ac-30 does. listen to say Rory' Gallagher, Brian May, George Harrison,
all 30' users but rad.different sounds. My best model cooked like crazy till' I changed
valve's and then it was crap' :oops:

Hear what you like-like what you hear :D

DieSchmalle said:
Who cares?

It sounds great - organic, like a good recorded amp.
+1
I only heard an AC30 once and I hated the sound. I personally don't care if this sounds like a real AC30. But what I've heard is some very very tasty playing, very moody and the sound is great. Just a tad below the breakup which creates some kind of tension (maybe just for me) that is über-cool.

That patch is one for the hall of fame, but if you don't post it, I'll have to send my men to "motivate" you to post that patch and they are not as forgiving as I am...

DieSchmalle said:
Who cares?

It sounds great - organic, like a good recorded amp.

You're right, and that's always been my approach but for some reason I got hung up on the AC30 thing. Probably because I paid $9.95 for the redwirez ac30 ir's. :)

That patch is as simple as it gets! - amp, cab & reverb. No eq. The cabinet is the redwires ac30 with Royer r121 12" from the cap edge. All I did in the amp block's advanced tab was lower the low frequency roll off to around 300hz. I think it defaults in the high 400hz range but I fely it needed a little more low end introduced.

Thanks for listening and your input!

matt

Thanks everybody. Those Redwires irs are really good. I have only bought the ac30 so far but I am planning on getting the Marshall 1960a and the deluxe sets.

There's something about those ir's that add the finishing touch to the overall direct sound.

AC30 chime is definitely there! Sounds great! You can't go wrong with the Redwirez BigBox set!
Oh, nice playing btw ;)

Back
Top Bottom