Does the Axe replicate warm tube sound?

Lee2216

Inspired
I'm going to primarily use the Axe for recording but I'm curious about one thing though. Does this processor emulate the sound of an amp being pushed to hit that sweet spot? Can this be achieved at low room level volumes?

No, it doesn't. This forum actually exists just solely for the reason of everyone trying to convince the maker, Cliff, to add that parameter in the AxeFx.

yes this is completely possible , but you'll have to find that sweet spot yourself. The axefx works just like a real amp. You can dial the master volume parameter to any amount, whatever you think is the sweet spot is and then lower the amps overall volume to play at bedroom levels.

And! There is even a "warmth" parameter to add even more tubey warmth. You'll have so much warmth you wont need that sweater anymore lol.;)

Last edited:
I was the biggest "amp modelling" skeptic/critic until I played an Ultra post Firmware 10, mine is arriving anyday and my tube gear is for sale.

I was the biggest "amp modelling" skeptic/critic until I played an Ultra post Firmware 10, mine is arriving anyday and my tube gear is for sale.

Oh, I dunno. I think there are some dudes on the Marshall amp forums who could give that claim a run for its money! ;)

since I've spent most of my forum time ranting about the axe-edit software and it's limitations and bugs, i think I should say something nice for once:

YES, Lee2216: The axe-fx is the real frickin' deal. I have $$$$ worth of tube gear, pedals, etc..... I don't use them at all anymore.... I use a solid state Acoustic Image amp w/ built in reverb for jazz gigs, but other than that, I use axe for everything live to stage, direct, and for recording. It does work great for jazz, I just haven't made any useful patches for that yet.... plus it's one more thing to lug around to small restaurants, etc....

I think the Axe-fx is the wave of the future based on the fact that a. FINALLY something digital arrived that convinces you that you are hearing a tube amp and b. because it's digital, it can theoretically only get better as software and hardware continue to improve....

I'm going to primarily use the Axe for recording but I'm curious about one thing though.Solely for the reason of everyone trying to convince the maker, Cliff, to add that parameter in the AxeFx.

I'm going to primarily use the Axe for recording but I'm curious about one thing though.Solely for the reason of everyone trying to convince the maker, Cliff, to add that parameter in the AxeFx.

I think you've misunderstood a bit of humor on the users' part as being serious. It's humor.

A friend shipped me my Axe-FX from England and he also sent his Peavey 6505 & Peavey 6505+ along so he can sell it here.
This was in June 2010

I've turned them on 5 times if i'm not mistaken :lol
People always look really surprised that I don't use the Peavey, until I let them hear what the Axe-FX sounds like 8)

Back
Top Bottom