Does FM9 system backup from non-turbo restore correctly on Turbo?

I'd recommend using FC Edit > Layouts Edit > Export All Layouts instead.

I do the full all-layouts as well as the individuals. Disk space is really cheap....
Yup. Not only can you do full backups with FractalBot but also layout and individual presets. There are 2 separate folders on my computer, one in my Home folder, and one in my Documents. The Home folder holds firmware updates and full backups, the documents folder holds the blocks, layouts and presets.

With the documents folder there is more flexibility regards what you might wish to re-install (for example, you might create this really awesome preset but later decide you've already got one like it within your additional user presets, so you export it to your folder and then delete it from your FM9.).

Same thing with layouts, but these are usually interlinked for the most part, so you'd need to create a sub-folder within layouts for the purpose of keeping linked layouts together in each sub-folder.

Like I said, you don't need a college education to work with either the FM9 or FM9-Edit. We typically learn by associating with people who can show us with screenshots how they did it, or for people who have a good grasp of FM9 language and can articulate well, they can describe how they did it. For both groups of people on this forum, my thanks goes out to you. You are the unsung heroes who also didn't need a college education, but got things done just the same.

Back
Top Bottom