Does FM3 have enough dsp for pitch effects, capo, drop tune?

It makes sense to me to just get a digitech drop for the smaller footprint and use an expression pedal for the pitch block whammy. I was curious why there werent more boards with a whammy dt on them.
Yeah, I don't use the whammy AND the VC on the same preset (obviously; I can't). But the whammy is superb. We play RATM's "Killing in the Name" and for the Tom Morello solo, it sounds spot on using the +2 Oct controlled by the EV1. Now, to be fair, I do use a Variax, so I can just twist a knob real quick and have either a drop D tuned guitar or a 1/2-step downtuned guitar, or both a 1/2-step down AND drop D(flat) tuned guitar.

Regardless, aside from Drop D, which FM3 can't do, I tend to do all my downtuning in the FM3 even though the Variax has just a hair less latency (as it's really 6 individual monophonic pitch shifters) so if I want a downtuned clean sound, I'd be better of using that. But we don't really have any songs that require a clean downtuned guitar.

Yes you can do that with the FM3 and still have a drive, reverb, and delay. And might have enough room for more effects depending on which ones. What I do is use different versions of my main presets. For example, one will have the pitch, and another might use the multi tap delay while both use the same drives amps and cabs. The little guy can do a lot and it sounds great. You can buy an FM3 today. The 9 will be a long wait unless you pay premium prices on the various markets like FB Reverb and eBay.
I do the same thing. Different versions of my main preset. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom