Does Axe FX III needs any load on output jacks when using SPDIF?

Dimebucker

Experienced
I would like to know does i need plugged any output jacks on my soundcard input, if i just want to use SPDIF out to my soundcard SPDIF in to playing guitar? I remember amplifiers needs some kind of load always, but what is case on Axe FX III would it be safe to use it just one SPDIF cable and nothing plugged on outputs?

Your output setting on axe fx (axe edit) can be diffirent for output 1 or 2, out 1 can be dry and 2 can be et wet. You can choose what out SPDIF will copy (dry or wet). But you prefere maybe to record dry.

Wet in stereo and when not using the fractal as an interface?
Yes, that's how I (and probably many people I would imagine) work with the Axe-FX when using a separate audio interface. Employing the fall back compromises of using mono wet or analog DI can be problematic, so I wouldn't recommend that, at least not as a first choice. See the recording guide for instructions.

Yes, that's how I (and probably many people I would imagine) work with the Axe-FX when using a separate audio interface. Employing the fall back compromises of using mono wet or analog DI can be problematic, so I wouldn't recommend that, at least not as a first choice. See the recording guide for instructions.
I’ll take a look, thanks. A little confused about assigning my IO in my daw. I have a spdif left and right. That’s my stereo wet. Where’s the 3rd channel come from for direct?

I’ll take a look, thanks. A little confused about assigning my IO in my daw. I have a spdif left and right. That’s my stereo wet. Where’s the 3rd channel come from for direct?
It'd probably be simpler to just refer to the recording guide since that has diagrams and detailed instructions to answer the question about how to simultaneously digitally record stereo wet and a digital DI when using an external audio interface. My point is just that it isn't necessary to choose one or the other, you can have both.

Back
Top Bottom