Does anyone use a 2nd foot controller?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I'm thinking of getting smaller, cheap foot controller for smaller gigs. There are some jazz gigs where I only need 2-4 patches and rarely need any of my three expression pedals. I'm thinking of leaving my LF+12+ and 4 pedals and pedal board at home and getting a small, cheap 4 or more channel switcher. Any suggestions?

LF Mini then you can remain in the same system you are accustomed to, and not have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to programming. And you don't need 4 expression pedals. assign the CC # that the pedal performs at the LF preset level.

For instance I've had 3 expression pedals - input volume (CC10), Wah sweep assigned to a controller number and responding to CC17, and delay wet/dry mix assigned to a controller and responding to CC18.

I've done away with pedal 2 and 3.

now my one pedal is a volume pedal. If I need for it to be a wah wah, I create a LF preset that are identical. I put them both on the LF pedal beside each other. On the second preset, I add a command to change the cc of expression 1 to CC17.

When I'm in any preset in my rig, that expression is a volume. However, when I go to the 2nd preset in that song, the pedal becomes a wah wah. If I leave that preset, the pedal reverts back to being a volume again. Oh, and I do not check "read expression pedal position" check box in the presets, that way, I can heel down the wah, and when I switch back to a normal preset, my volume is not cut off.

Last edited:
Tech 21 Midi Mouse

I've got the first gen MFC but I'm thinking about get the Behringer FCB now that there is a dedicated EPROM for it, for the AxeFx II.

The new mini would be ideal, plus I believe I can use it as an expansion for my LF+12+, right? But it's $500. A little rich for my blood at this time.

Why can we not use two different foot controllers? Or can we? It seems like one could daisy chain them and put them on different channels. My LF+12+ is limited to 12 switches, so I have to be very slick about setting things up, if I want a lot a presets to look at. I haven't delved into scenes. And I've thought about getting the mini, but as said earlier, it ain't cheap. But could I get a smaller one of a different brand . . .?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom