Does anyone set their Dual Rectifier as such?

3Dhuman

Inspired
Stumbled upon this the other day and I'm really digging the sound through my studio monitors. I try to build my patches for high volume live use... and I typically tend towards a lot of mid-range anyway... but, I never would have thought to set a Rectifier this way.

CAB - Stereo panned center, Recto V30 (OH) w/ G12-65 Far Field (JM), no mics

DRIVE - Rat Dist, Drive zero, Tone 6-7, Level full

AMP - Recto Orange Modern
Drive - 2-3 (boost ON)
Bass - 3-4
Mid - 10 (yes, all the way)
Treb - 0 (as in, off... also Bright ON)
Hi-cut - 0
Depth - 0
Master - 5

Everything else is at default settings. I'm using EMG's. I'm getting a really nice, percussive pick attack and super chunky, throaty growl. Not sure if it's just a freak of my guitar/PU/monitor/environment combo, or, if others have set their Rectifiers along these lines before. FWIW, I use really heavy strings in C-standard tuning.

Regardless, I've been playing this amp/setting for a couple of weeks now and can't seem to get off of it.

its a good sound. I cant crank it atm, but it sounds like it would work good in a live situation.
thanks for sharing.

*edit*
using EMG 808s.

Last edited:
Who would of thought about even testing settings like that?? But it works nice... Thanks for the tip, I guess it's about thinking outside of the box sometimes?

I use a Peavey Vandenberg Quilt which is an all mahogany 6-string with DiMarzio D-activators. I set the LoCut in the Rat drive to 200 which gave me tighter bass response...

I used to dial my old Roadking and Triple Recto that way, and sounded GREAT....probably the best setting for the recto in order to sound straightforward.

In my youtube channel you can find some sound test of the RK dialed that way

I know of a couple of guys that ran their rectos this way but I've never tried it.
looks like I will tonight :)

I tried and tweaked a little...at first it was muffled, but I changed the drive to either an 808 or FullOD and set the treble to 5. Sounds great with JP6 with passives and Schecter Loomis with EMG's.

I was actually getting a little frustrated with the Vintage Orange as I had a great sounding patch on v5, but was struggling to get there on v6. This definitely got me in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom