Does Anyone Know Appropriate Compression Pedal Setting For Gilmour?

jesussaddle

Power User
Found this wonderful subtitled tutorial series on Gilmour's Sound. Check out the playing, between discussions. A pretty authentic reproduction of technique, feel, and sound if you ask me, but my compression knowledge is inadequate to get the Axe II Compression Block to the right settings as described in the video. Says its the Boss used mostly as a boost; Are the Gilmour patches pretty accurate as to compression, and do they match the vid? Because if so maybe the humbuckers are preventing the sound from getting that close, but still I'd love to have any tips to get closer. I could try and get a coil tap if that's possible with my guitar as it is. Won't be getting a strat with single coils this Christmas, at least unless Santa has an extra when he passes over my house.

David Gilmour Sound Part 2/4: OD, COMPRESSORS & AMPS | MusicOff - YouTube

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a site that complete about one artist. The person who created Gilmorish.com is about as close to an Obsessive as I've ever seen! Nice link you passed on there, so thanks!

It's pretty difficult to get any anything except Gilmour's 90s era active pickup lead sound with humbuckers. But it can be done. Also, Gilmourish is such a cool site. Just a wealth of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom