Does anyone have Layout Template patches for OP1->FOH & OP2-PowerAmp+Cab ?

Japster

Inspired
Hi Everyone,

Just taken delivery of the Axe FX II and about to embark on writing my own patches based upon the following schema :-

OP1 -> FOH (with poweramp & cab sims turned on)
OP2 -> Matrix GT800FX + 2x EVM12L loaded 1x12 cabs (with poweramp sim on but cab sim off)

Does anyone already have a template for this setup I can use, to avoid re-inventing the wheel so to speak ?

Is this the right way to go about it ?

Cheers in advance :D

Hi HJM,

thanks for your reply, yes I saw that one, it's not quite what I was looking for. I need the CAB block to be before OUT1, also there will be no return from the FXloop.

All you need to do is drop in the FXLoop next to the cab, and tie it into the string before the cab. Wherever you put it, that is the point the signal goes to out2-there is no "back".
The SND/RTRN blocks are just a way to get a second line going in the patch, and of course if you are messing with 4cm or such. To just turn a patch into an out1/out2 patch, all you need is that FXLOOP(EFFECTS LOOP). Don't worry about FEEDBACK SEND and FEEDBACK RETURN. You can use those as well, but it isnt part of the same thing. As soon as you drop the FXL into the patch, out2 should go dead...until you connect it into the signal. Before you drop it in, out2 should be working normally, but cab sims will be on. Keep in mind, whatever you put AFTER the connection point of the FXL will not appear on out2. I drop a reverb after the cab so out1 has reverb and out 2 doesnt. Any time based effects can really create some width there. Heck, experiment, you could do all sorts of cool wet/dry things.

Side note-some folks put FXL in line. I dont, mainly because it keeps it clearer in my head that way, but also because I will drop in a PEQ or something after the junction but before the FXL-that I DONT want going to the cabinet.

Give these a try. Its been a popular request the past few days. :)

Attachments

• New Main--MAN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
  • New Lead--MAN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi Funeral,

Yes they look great, just what I'm after :D

Side note-some folks put FXL in line. I dont, mainly because it keeps it clearer in my head that way, but also because I will drop in a PEQ or something after the junction but before the FXL-that I DONT want going to the cabinet.
I agree with what you are saying here as I think along those lines too.

Cheers Guys,

Back
Top Bottom