Does anyone elses axe II NOT tickle red?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
Mine will not ever hit red even at 100%.
This is the same for all 3 input jack configs.
I contacted support and they had me run a test on the input And running the test caused the input meter to peak red. they said it is normal and working fine.
But I also contacted mark day and he tested his axe with the same pickups as I have (Aldrich) and his hit red fully at 60%.
Does anyone else have an axe that will NOT hit red even at 100% with hot pups?
This seems very strange to me.
And it makes it very difficult for me to know if I'm running my input level correctly. I may be missing out in a bit of juice here.
Thanks

Manual: "Some sources may not reach ideal levels but can still be used with no problems."

It's not affecting gain. Input level only affects signal-to-noise.

Yes but in this case it is the same source having a different effect on two different axe units.

The only other test I'd like to run is try my guitar on another axe unit. If it hits red, then why won't it on my unit?

How do I know If it's effecting the gain? I have nothing to compare it to. Other axe units may have more gain due to the fact that mine isn't running high enough.

I'm not saying anyone is incorrect, I just don't understand the inconsistency here. I've brought this issue up a few times and have yet to talk to someone with the same issue.

Yes but in this case it is the same source having a different effect on two different axe units.

The only other test I'd like to run is try my guitar on another axe unit. If it hits red, then why won't it on my unit?

How do I know If it's effecting the gain? I have nothing to compare it to. Other axe units may have more gain due to the fact that mine isn't running high enough.

I'm not saying anyone is incorrect, I just don't understand the inconsistency here. I've brought this issue up a few times and have yet to talk to someone with the same issue.

On the II Input level is not related to gain.
I can set it to 90 or to 20, but gain stays the same.

Perhaps that's the problem with mine. Mine definitely has a distinct effect on the sound. It appears to be an effect on the gain but maybe it's something else. But there is an apparent difference at 50 percent compared to 100 percent input level on my unit.

Mine never has-single strat and SD Humbucker Strat. Only time I ever saw the red was when I downloaded a user patch that wa too hot for setup.

Mine hits red when slamming a guitar with PAF bridge pickup (Suhr DSV, 9k Ohm), input 1 front set to 50%. So yeah....sounds strange that you won't hit red at full input with your hot mother of a pickup (if it's the Suhr at 17.5k). Did you check other pickups?

Perhaps that's the problem with mine. Mine definitely has a distinct effect on the sound. It appears to be an effect on the gain but maybe it's something else. But there is an apparent difference at 50 percent compared to 100 percent input level on my unit.

Could it be that the input led isn't working, or somehow isn't triggered?

Last edited:
I have to be at 100% and bash away to tickle red.

Have you tried raising you pickup height?

hit red once when striking the strings excessively hard. Suhr SSH+ bridge

i set mine at 80 % but maybe i should just throw it up to 100%, not sure what to do anyways...

but i have noticed that and wondered why the hell i never hit red.

Ok. I think I figured it out but I don't fully understand it still.
I've always ran the axe "sum left and right".
As soon as I turned it to "Left only". Now it hits red easily. 40 percent or so.

So if I want to run sum left and right should I set my input level while on left only so I know where it hits red? Or should I just run it at 100 percent on sum left right since that doesn't cause it to hit red?

How do all of you run it. Left only or sum left and right? I'm not running stereo and I like to blend cabs and sounds so I thought it would only work that way if I summed left and right.

Not sure how that really works though.

Damn!!! Maybe this is also why I never like the way anyone's presets sound. It sounds totally different when summed L and R.

hey i'm using the front input and just 1 atomic cab via the xlr out. should i be Left only?

i never changed anything originally and i think it might be on that right now. i'll check in a few..

My humbuckers tickle red but my tele with emgs never do.

Did you change the input impedance? This might load them down.

Back
Top Bottom