Does anyone else have latency issues when using axe fx as interface?

Ive been using the axe fx as my recording interface for usb. When i try to use any vst with my m audio pro keyboard, its seems i get a slight bit of latency. Now since the keyboard is plugged in through usb into pro tools, and not into the axe fx midi, it would seem that it shouldnt be affected. Is that true or what? Could it also be that im just overthinking the fact that there could be latency so im making myself think there is?

I also may have noticed some latency when using my axiom 61. I have my axe in my laptop via usb as my interface, and the keyboard into my laptop also via usb. I can't tell, but a friend plays the keyboard and he says its slight but there. I wondered if it was possible to try using midi with the keyboard straight into the axe? Or maybe its just my laptop is slow. Anyway, any advice would be great. Even if my friend's an idiot lol.
PS- tried adjusting the latency via the driver's control panel, didn't notice a difference.

I also may have noticed some latency when using my axiom 61. I have my axe in my laptop via usb as my interface, and the keyboard into my laptop also via usb. I can't tell, but a friend plays the keyboard and he says its slight but there. I wondered if it was possible to try using midi with the keyboard straight into the axe? Or maybe its just my laptop is slow. Anyway, any advice would be great. Even if my friend's an idiot lol.
PS- tried adjusting the latency via the driver's control panel, didn't notice a difference.

I know what you mean. Its not like the latency is very noticeably or bad to the point where its just frustrating, but i do notice a little bit of it. I havent tried pluggin my keyboard through the axe fx yet so idk how that will work with the latency.

I havent tried pluggin my keyboard through the axe fx yet so idk how that will work with the latency.
Do you know *how* to do it? I mean, I know I would just grab a MIDI cable and plug it in, but do I use IN/OUT/Thru or what? I've never really used MIDI before so I'm kind of a noob with it. Can this be done? I didn't find anything about it on the wiki or in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom