Fixed Documentation error related to USB MIDI

At the top of Page 108, I think the following answer is incorrect since Pg 113 and Pg 23 specifically state: " The FM3 is NOT a USB MIDI Device. It uses “COMM over USB” channels for Fractal-Bot and FM3-Edit, but will not appear as a MIDI device in a DAW or other MIDI program."

Q: Can I use a computer or external MIDI controller to remote control the FM3?

A: Yes. The FM3 has a rich MIDI spec which allows it to be remote controlled. Using a computer, you can use the built-in USB connection for “MIDI-over-USB”, rather than relying on a third-party MIDI interface. See “The MIDI/Remote Menu” on p. 95 and “MIDI Implementation” on p. 120 for more on this.

Yes, this FAQ needs to be updated. I've done this now; thank you!
Pages 114 and 23 are correct; the FAQ is incorrect as this was adapted from the Axe-Fx III.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Here is the rewrite:

Q: Can I use a computer or external MIDI controller to remote control the FM3?

A: The FM3 has a rich MIDI spec which allows it to be remote controlled. Any 3rd party MIDI controller can be used, but please note that an FC-6 or FC-12 connected via FASLINK offers many advantages over traditional 5-pin MIDI. The FM3 is not a computer USB MIDI Interface. A third-party MIDI interface is required for a DAW or other computer application to control the FM3.

I'll publish this with the FM3 2.0 manual as soon as it is ready.

Back
Top Bottom