Do You Use the Enhancer Block?

I used to use it for stereo spread, but then I discovered I could use the Pitch block to get Van Halen’s Balance effect (left pitch down a few ct, right pitch up a few ct, center dry) which to my ears resulted in a better sounding way to accomplish the same goal. And as a bonus it flattens to mono with no phase issues and still provides some bigness and swirl.

If I really want a true double tracking effect though I’ll patch in a real Mimiq pedal early in the chain and split it to two Amp blocks.

It is a Stereo Enhancer. I don't think it makes sense to use it in mono. It is Mono compatible, though, so no problem if you sum the signals
View attachment 136504

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Enhancer_block

I use it very often, both live and on recordings.

What is the purpose of running it in parallel? I understand that it is a series effect, and you control the intensity with the Depth parameter
Hello Piing;
I put the Enhancer block after a filter or EQ block in a parallel row so as to only accentuate the frequency alterations.

I would think a screenshot would help:
Axe Edit.png

I've attached the preset if you're curious.

I find using the filter block in unexpected, and sometimes subtle, ways provides the most aural joy - rather than simply putting it at the end of my signal chain.

Attachments

• Vic Dual Enhanced PEQ new.zip
    391.8 KB · Views: 10
I use it when I need wide tones, it helps a lot.

here's a short riff without, with it and with enhancer+ chorus+ delay

settings : modern - width 75 - Depth : 80 - Low cut : 100hz - High Cut : 6270Hz

I've stopped using it. It's exciting to play for a few minutes, but in my experience it usually doesn't translate to a mix that well. If I play, record with it, then go back the next day to listen to that recording, I'll usually wish I had turned it off. But there are some exceptions of course, perhaps a certain 80s inspired solo or lead.

Because that's not what it is intended to do...
Well, I learned something today. Guess I've been preferring selecting the delayed detune with the pitch block, but now I'll have to give it a try. If I can sound like Joe Walsh, I'd be stupid not to. :)

Edit: I would have just used doubling settings with a regular delay to get the Joe Walsh effect. Does the Enhancer Block mimic a particular famous unit? (It's late in the day and too lazy to look at the wiki.)

Well, I learned something today. Guess I've been preferring selecting the delayed detune with the pitch block, but now I'll have to give it a try. If I can sound like Joe Walsh, I'd be stupid not to. :)

Edit: I would have just used doubling settings with a regular delay to get the Joe Walsh effect. Does the Enhancer Block mimic a particular famous unit? (It's late in the day and too lazy to look at the wiki.)
Not that I'm aware of...

I always use it for my stereo presets with two amps. But I also use my Mimiq pedal in front of Input 2 for these presets … sounds massive.
Not using it for recording or band rehearsal.

Back
Top Bottom