Do you think tube amps have a real future?

Do you think tube amps have a real future?

• Yes

• No

• Just for some tube amp freaks

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tube Amps are awesome and will always have a space in the guitar community. After all, amp modelers are attempting to emulate all the nuance and feel of their analog counterparts.

But let’s be honest, there is no substitute for a good old fashion rectangular piece of wood, tolex and warm electric glowing voodoo.

Yes, I think we're seeing a shift to smaller amps, but a market will always exist. There are some very good sound bites in this video by JNC. Take a few seconds of your time and listen to Robben's comments beginning at about 2:40. I always like it when commentators verbalize thoughts that were somewhere in my mind but just never really pursued and JNC does that with his comments about the large cabs seeming to be a thing of the past (I think he says they "had their moment").

The 412 cab thing I agree with! hauling those around is just crazy now that we have other means. Back when a huge back line was the only way to hear the guitars over the screaming crowd it was a solution, be it not a very good one but they had there place.

100 watt amps can still be used with reactive load boxes but they aren't light either but if I had one and wanted to use it for a gig, a good reactive load box with an IR loader is where I would probably go.

Back
Top Bottom