Votes: 63 40.1%
  • No, I just have the FM3.

Votes: 66 42.0%
  • No, I just have the Axe-Fx III

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don't have either, but I'm lurking with intent to buy

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
EDIT: I'm also interested - if you do have both - how you use them or why you have both. For me, I like to have my FM3 for rehearsals and to travel lighter for gigs, since I'm also the keyboardist and have to lug my Kronos around. I keep my Axe III in the studio with the FC6.

I use the FM3 for reharsal and live. It’s light, easy to setup and sounds amazing. Coupled with an FC6 for total versatility or on its own for smaller footprint.

The Axe-Fx III is for recording/studio only.

I have both and an AX8. I have been waiting for a stable Cygnus version for the FM3 using the 3 & FM3 only at home.
I do take the AX8 out to perform with. Never a problem, no worries. (while unfortunately I have had the FM3 lock up during band practice)
Still love all my Fractal gear. (just a little uneasy about the FM3)

I use the FM3 for reharsal and live. It’s light, easy to setup and sounds amazing. Coupled with an FC6 for total versatility or on its own for smaller footprint.

The Axe-Fx III is for recording/studio only.

This is me as well. I have the III in a studio desk and I take the FM3 to practice and for playing live. I'm very strongly considering selling my III as the FM3 is proving itself to be reliable enough that I can just plug it in for recording at home as well. The latest FM3 update was a big one for me and really solidified the notion that I probably don't need the III for how I play.

Back
Top Bottom