Do V5 presets have to be manually loaded or already included with firmware upgrade?

Does this erase all my old presets that I have worked on? Can I save- back up my own first, then load the new ones and then load the old ones that I use back on?

You can audition the new presets via bank file using Axe edit. That way you can just save the ones you want in whatever slot you like. Make list of useless preset locations and plug the ones you like into those slots without ruining your other presets.

You must do this one bank at a time! I have no idea if presets above 50 have been optimized, that is sometimes the point where the fine tuning ends and just bulk Parameter changes happen.

Do you use the bank files as the source, and then save the ones you like on the axe itself?

Yes

Just use bank file pull down menu, select the bank you want to work with and scroll presets one at a time.

Find one you like, save as to location you desire

This might explain some of the issues I've seen. I didn't install new presets after installing the firmware. There were no presets in the .zip file I downloaded.

Yes - I found that, but thank you - you can never get too much help, especially with this thing and especially when you're as clueless as I. :)

Back
Top Bottom