Do the ends justify the means...

Does it matter? I'm a bedroom guy...that happens to get press and go on the road. But in the end all this nonsense is just that. If the Axe makes you wanna play guitar and/or your having fun tweaking the money was well spent.
The only guys that get to me is the know it all, amateurs that talk to "lesser" players.

Ed, I've watched you for years on the boards. I'm more shocked that you have so much 'free time'. Ha!

You are the 99.99%. I lost a '9' or two- but I don't tell anyone :)

Just thought I'd share this.. Jack Semple is one of the best guitar players I've ever heard, certainly one of the best in Canada, but still somehow more of a working class semi-unknown. <snip>

His rig? Peavey Bandit 112 with a Boss ME-30 in front. No shit. I've never seen him use a different Strat in 20 years.

Jack is a "players-player". Although he can rip off a million notes, and does at times, he is always tasteful, melodic, musical and inspiring.

I think Jack found a formula early on that worked for him; a combination that brought his musical vision to life. The AxeFX is a tool that lets all of us explore combinations we may never try otherwise. Certain amps will bring a guitar to life, where others are are uninspiring. A particular effect may give me the voice I'm looking for, while others are a complete waste of time. Having all of this available means I can unlock the combination that works for me.

for me it all comes down to flexibility and getting the same (good) sound everywhere.

practice:
i can practice at home at all time. playing trough my studio monitors or via headphone .. both great sounding

live:
as i went completly to inear this unit gives me the same sound everytime .. no need to mic up a cab. although it gives the FOH guy the same sound .. and we all no those guys who fuck up your sound with micing cabs in a hurry ;)
other thing is weight: just carrieign my small rack plus some cables, guitar and foot controller ist just awesome. back in the days with 412 boxes and always needing some to help u ... you know it ;)

+1000

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom