Do NOT deal with hgwy407. Standard 4-sale in Vegas

danyeo

This person is a scammer. I bought an Axe-Fx standard from them and the second they recieved my payment they stopped responding to emails. It seemed legit as they sent me a pic and listed a phone number. But they won't return calls and they even admitted to being "on the fence" about selling in an email that came later after i started hounding them. Then they had a bunch of lame excuses about work troubles and offered to refund me $500 out of the $1290 i sent them. They thought it was perfectly ok to take my $1290 and not send me an Axe-Fx and not refund me.

Well, a paypal dispute was found in my favor since they never bothered to respond to the dispute in the first place and i have my money back.

Whatever you guys do. NEVER NEVER NEVER use the gift option. I'm glad i didn't. Use Paypal with a credit card and you are covered.

If this message isn't within the rules and i get banned for it, i don't care as long as a few people get this warning then it was worth it.

Re: Do NOT deal with hgwy407

I also noticed this guy was trying to sell an Axe-Fx on Craigslist in Las Vegas on July 5th. I supposedly bought his Axe-Fx on June 22nd.

Re: Do NOT deal with hgwy407

This scammer lives in Vegas and i noticed there's another "new" member here with Vegas in his username trying to sell a standard. BE CAREFUL people.

And another "thank you" for the heads-up. I actually emailed and got no response... should've known since he had been "selling" for days and not responded to the first "pm" or marked "Sold".

Weirdly, I emailed both the seller on here and the craigslist one and didn't get an asnwer. I bet asking for pics and references scares some of the scammers away. I also agree with not using the gift option with Paypal, I have no idea why anyone would want to take that risk. Thanks for the heads up.

OT: The Axe Standard is out of stock right now, does anybody know for how long they usually are? Thanks

I almost got burned by this A-hole too. I contacted him and he gave me an email address for a normal Paypal. But, paypal shut him down before I could send the cash. Whew! Close call.

That's good to hear and I'm glad i saved anyone else the trouble i had to deal with. I opened a Paypal dispute with them back on June 22nd and they never responded to it. On July 9th i called Paypal and the guy on the phone was really cool, he quickly gave me a refund and it sounds like he put a freeze on thier account. :D You guys would laugh your balls off if you saw the retarded emails i eventually got from them after i kept hounding them.

I think that A-Hole was back on here under the name DarknightInVegas. Here is a pic they sent me. If you see this pic you know IT IS A SCAM.

IMG_1923.jpg

I was trying to deal with this guy for the same piece. He sent me his paypal but it was not verified. When I said sorry no deal he said he understood as a cop of 13 years or something in Vegas. Then a few hours later he was looking to deal again with a verified account. He had not transactions prior...It just didn't feel right so I walked away. I wish I could remember his name. I had an address too.

Glad you got your money back and it all worked out for you.

danyeo said:
I think that A-Hole was back on here under the name DarknightInVegas. Here is a pic they sent me. If you see this pic you know IT IS A SCAM.

I had e-mailed him about his posting... glad he never got back to me! :evil:

He's not a cop, if you saw the childish emails he's sending me you'd laugh your balls off. Typical teenager insults and such. Even the guy from Paypal thought the explanations i was getting from them sounded like a 12 year old came up with it.

Back
Top Bottom