Do I NEED to update the mfc when I update to ver 19?

Not sure but I don't think so.
I am on a very old MFC FW myself and I didn't have any problem with newer Axe FW (FW17 is my latest). But I am not sure with FW19.
I don't need the updates of the MFC and I am fine with how it is now. Had much trouble with updating my MFC back then and I don't want to go through that again. Not sure if updating the MFC is more stable and less troublesome by now?

Never have tried to update my MFC. I have an XL, and when they released the MFC FW that let's you add extra presets I wanted to do it, but I was scared away from trying it. Terrified by name timeout errors and other gremlins, so I live with the older FW. The process is rather convoluted to me.

I wish it could one day be done via FASlink with Fractal bot or something simple like that. The AXE is so easy to update. The MFC, not so much.

Updating the mfc looks like a pita...

LoL...

It's so easy. They even provided step by step directions on how to do it with your Axe-FX II and one MIDI cable. You just need to set two parameters on your AXE-FX II and follow the directions. This is just hooking up one cable, pressing a few buttons and running some software. Your not replacing a head gasket.

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom