Do I need a an Eventide H9 or can it be done with AXE-FX III

This. Do people realize the H9 has (some?) H910 algos hidden inside? Does the AxeFX3 replicate these perfectly and if so with how much effort (point me to any posted custom presets). I have three H9 Max linked in a chain on a pedal setup, and an AFX3. I have an H9K on order. I’m not convinced it does t benefit to have both options available. I also have original Eventide racks including Instant Flanger, H910, and others. Let’s face it, none of this is completely copyable, particularly the old analog components in the early Eventide gear, which makes each unit sound different, or the bug in the H910, etc. I would love to get some H9 Max presets in my Axe, Oil Drum being one (Plate). Also think the comment on not using H9 when outputting to FRFR is very informative. Thanks for that info.
Clearly you are an eventide junkie. Absolutely continue to use eventide gear. There’s nothing wrong with that. The fractal stuff you can build chains to certainly come close or copy eventide algos but why bother when you already have the hardware ready to go.

Clearly you are an eventide junkie. Absolutely continue to use eventide gear. There’s nothing wrong with that. The fractal stuff you can build chains to certainly come close or copy eventide algos but why bother when you already have the hardware ready to go.
I’m definitely interested in getting as much of that stuff working in AFX3, more options is better. I think of Eventide as being a source of sound creation and iconic sounds not just a DSP platform. Many of those sounds shaped entire albums and eras of music and having the originals and their recent digital stuff is a great way to even contemplate uses for the AFX3 I am now realizing. Not to mention if noise floor is superior going into FRFR then it definite bares learning how to do this or finding good presets that adapt these. Appreciate this awesome thread and the Axe 🪓

Back
Top Bottom