Do G66.eu ever have sales?

ralphonz

Inspired
Anyone know if the AXE FX, or any fractal products for that matter, ever go on sale in Europe? Specifically, the UK.

No not really, they do have some B-Stock sometimes

But their customer service is exceptional. I genuinely consider them one of the best companies I've dealt with, and they even will look after you with Fractal gear that wasn't bought from them

But their customer service is exceptional. I genuinely consider them one of the best companies I've dealt with, and they even will look after you with Fractal gear that wasn't bought from them
Yeah they've been great for me ( i bought my axe FX II from them), but no need to plug the company lol. Always feel gutted when I see the fractal sales in the US.

I bought my AFX3 recently with G66, brand new, no b-stock, they sell the stuff and give awesome customer support.
Yeah I know, I've bought from them before. I was asking if they ever put anything on sale like fractal do in the US!

Hope you're enjoying your AFX3 though!

The nature of the import/export fees and additional costs probably makes it such that FAS are probably already making next to no profit per unit so there's likely no room left for any kind of sale pricing. In other words you're probably already getting the "sale" price plus the cost of getting it to you in the EU.

Yeah they've been great for me ( i bought my axe FX II from them), but no need to plug the company lol. Always feel gutted when I see the fractal sales in the US.
You should see the markup we pay on goods coming from Europe.

And it's not markup really. It's the cost of import/export. The Aprilia Tuono 660 I want is going to cost me plenty extra over the price they're paying in Italy.

The markup comes later at the dealerships where they are actively price gouging on the new hotness.

Last edited:

Not plugging the company, genuine praise where it's due - They earned that comment

Never had any need for their customer support and having to pay a $1000 more for an Axe III and controller set is highway robbery to me. I am willing to order directly from the US and take my chances with import charges. But Fractal insists we use their G66 monopoly. We are denied the right to chose. I bet that if there were more FAS dealers in Europe we would get discount sales and lower prices.
All the more so because FAS, while refusing to sell to me directly, still email bombs me with their sales.

The nature of the import/export fees and additional costs probably makes it such that FAS are probably already making next to no profit per unit so there's likely no room left for any kind of sale pricing. In other words you're probably already getting the "sale" price plus the cost of getting it to you in the EU.
Companies all over the world that import stuff and and have to contend with import fees manage to do sales. G66 doesn't care about doing sales because they know they have a monopoly in Europe. One that gets enforced by FAS by refusing to sell to us EU consumers directly.

You should see the markup we pay on goods coming from Europe.
I did the math. There's about €400 import duties that I have to pay when I would have imported an Axe III directly from the US. Still cheaper then ordering from G66. I don't begrudge G66 the right to make money, I blame FAS for denying me the right to chose.

Never had any need for their customer support and having to pay a $1000 more for an Axe III and controller set is highway robbery to me. I am willing to order directly from the US and take my chances with import charges. But Fractal insists we use their G66 monopoly. We are denied the right to chose. I bet that if there were more FAS dealers in Europe we would get discount sales and lower prices.

All the more so because FAS, while refusing to sell to me directly, still email bombs me with their sales.

Companies all over the world that import stuff and and have to contend with import fees manage to do sales. G66 doesn't care about doing sales because they know they have a monopoly in Europe. One that gets enforced by FAS by refusing to sell to us EU consumers directly.

I did the math. There's about €400 import duties that I have to pay when I would have imported an Axe III directly from the US. Still cheaper then ordering from G66. I don't begrudge G66 the right to make money, I blame FAS for denying me the right to chose.
I agree with all Maud'zin's points I must admit. Other companies manage, except super-boutique single pedal or one-off manufacturers perhaps. Who knows, I'm a customer, I'm not running the company!

But I didn't come here to argue with anyone so I'll just assume that the answer to my question is "No, they don't have sales".

I’m a little bemused by this thread. G66’s website (https://shop.g66.eu/fractal-audio/) is currently showing stock of AxeFX mkII (new and B stock), FM3, FC-6, FC-12, EV-1 and EV-2. In fact everything except the FM9. They clearly get sales. Prices might be more in the EU than in the US, but the costs of doing business are higher in the EU. As for UK import charges, that’s a consequence of the UK leaving the EU, and nothing to do with either Fractal or G66.

G66 service has also been exemplary, and that’s what I need. My AxeFX II got corrupted when there was a power failure during a firmware update. G66 shipped a chip and jumper the same day. My FC-12 was faulty. They arranged a same day swap out so that I could continue working. If you pay domestic prices then expect domestic service levels. Professional prices get you professional attitude and service levels.

I’m a little bemused by this thread. G66’s website (https://shop.g66.eu/fractal-audio/) is currently showing stock of AxeFX mkII (new and B stock), FM3, FC-6, FC-12, EV-1 and EV-2. In fact everything except the FM9. They clearly get sales. Prices might be more in the EU than in the US, but the costs of doing business are higher in the EU. As for UK import charges, that’s a consequence of the UK leaving the EU, and nothing to do with either Fractal or G66.

G66 service has also been exemplary, and that’s what I need. My AxeFX II got corrupted when there was a power failure during a firmware update. G66 shipped a chip and jumper the same day. My FC-12 was faulty. They arranged a same day swap out so that I could continue working. If you pay domestic prices then expect domestic service levels. Professional prices get you professional attitude and service levels.
If I'm honest it was the recent emails from fractal regarding "Holiday Deals" that got me thinking why do only the US get things "on sale"?

This isn't the same for any other company that manufactures gear sitting in my studio. UAD, SSL, Audient and a huge number of others - they all have sales form time to time, and fractal does too, but only if you're American, which isn't the case with the other companies.

When I got the holiday deals email I was like "Oh I wonder if G66 have any holiday deals". Couldn't see any on their site so I thought I'd post there to see if they ever did have sales, with the intent of gleaning when they might be!

Didn't mean to hit a nerve.... What bemuses me is how many people have suddenly jumped on the defensive even though I only asked if fractal products were ever available on sale outside the USA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom