qwertty

Hi, I’m pretty new (and late) to the Axe Fx game, I’m in the process of transitioning from a JMP-1/GCX setup to a strict Axe Fx rig. My AFX II is arriving next week and I’d just like to know if my current midi controller would work? I know the GCP is pretty confusing to setup with scenes and all that, but I have the older brother of the GCP. Is there anyone here that uses the V1 DMC Ground Control? Any tips or things I should know prior so I can get a head start or an idea where to begin programming?

I used both the original Ground Control (and later the Ground Link, too) as well as the GCP for many years prior to Fractal.

I moved away from them after that as they just aren't capable enough in my opinion to really work well in the Fractal universe.

Preset changes and expression pedals will be fine.

Scene changes are a hassle but can be done in a limited fashion only via PC Mapping on the Axe Fx.

One of the guys here (@Toopy14, I think) came up with another way to make scene changes work but mucking with the VCA settings (I think) on the Ground Control (Pro, I think ;)) but probably also apply to the original.

One of the guys here (@Toopy14, I think) came up with another way to make scene changes work but mucking with the VCA settings (I think) on the Ground Control (Pro, I think ;)) but probably also apply to the original.

Thanks for the shout out @unix-guy!

Here's the link to the thread I started on how to use the VooDoo Labs GCPro to control Axe-Fx Scenes. I'm not familiar with the original Ground Control, so I'm not sure if it will work. Keep in mind also, it's been nearly 10 years since I posted this! :)

I sold the GCPro many years ago and have been using the RJM Mastermind LT ever since.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/voodoo-labs-gcpro-and-axe-fx-scenes.94071/

Back
Top Bottom