DIY footswitch for AXF

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I have a small true bypass switcher which i don't need and i thought i could try to make a footswitch out of it.
Does anybody know what else do i need to make it? I bought a stereo female jack, because axe uses stereo connections.

So i just wire switch to the female jack and that's it? or do i need something else?

thanks

First of all, what is a true-bypass switcher? Amp channel footswitch? loop switch? A-B box? What's it do? What connections does it have?

Anyway, the jack busses used in the Axe-FX pedal inputs have three connectors built-in, but there's no evidence that the middle connector does anything, so TS jacks work fine. Maybe someday we'll find out what the middle prong does if it does do anything.
What you need to do is wire one side to the jacks tip and the other side to the sleeve/ground so that they make contact when the switch is in the on-position.

Then you need to set the pedal function to momentary or latching, whichever way the switch functions. If it's an amp switch I bet it's latching.

Hey Dutch,
thanks for info, its just a small box with input, output, send and return jacks and a latching switch.
So i don't even need to put stereo jack in? just wire like you said to one of those jacks?

Back
Top Bottom