Divided By 13 RSA 23 Tonematch

cohibaking26

Loving my Axe FX 3 MK2 Turbo but I would like to tonematch my favorite amp. Being that the RSA is KT88, what amp would you recommend starting with?

The description is "Combining the best attributes of several of our favorite British amplifier formats, the RSA 23 presents a truly unique and stand-alone sonic signature rarely heard before. From the speed, sensitivity and dynamics of our favorite EL84 amp from England, to the midrange punch and aggressive drive of some of our favorite 50 to 100 Watt 4-input amplifiers from England, topped off with the very unique roaring, powerful, creamy and articulate overdrive offered in our favorite 200 Watt KT88 amplifier from England, the single note chord definition at all ranges from 1 to 10 is simply spectacular."

I would guess its a combo of AC30, a Marshall, and a Hiwatt. Whether each channel is modeled after each amp or its a bastard child of them all-in-one, I have no idea.

Loving my Axe FX 3 MK2 Turbo but I would like to tonematch my favorite amp. Being that the RSA is KT88, what amp would you recommend starting with?
Amps to look at…Staying in the 20 watt range…
But you may need to change a few “deep” parameters…
Brit studio 20
Ac20
Blankenship leeds
Badger

Other ideas maybe a vox and or Hiwatt…or take the one of the divided by 13 models…

Change power amp tubes…try different preamp tubes…
Mess with the negative feedback…(not sure how the rsa is set up)

Ah, the ol' "single note chord". I was a master of those when I played the clarinet.
I believe the term is "note separation" or you know, maybe the more common "note clarity". At least, that's what guitar builders like to use in their marketing.

Turn Around Look GIF by Laff

What I believe they really mean is, something to effect of more open, less compressed. That can be a good thing and not, depending.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom