Display Setting?

Wow-May be an industry standard but I sure never, ever heard it used until the helix. I have owned LF+ controllers and other devices. Guess it depends who you talk to. Don't see it much in descriptions of devices either. As in LF+ stuff and RJM---just sayin guys.
BTW I mean the terminology, not the LCDS or whatever themselves.

Last edited:
The touch sensitive footswitches are nice but not necessary. Laugh if you want (@ Chris/ :)), but scribble strips are awesome for people like me (mentally and memory challenged).
just want to clarify that i too find them useful on my RJM MMGT.

i laughed because the joke is that we can't simply add them with a firmware update, not that they wouldn't be useful in general.

"Scribble Strip" has been around a long, long time. I first heard it in the 70s, referring to a strip of tape across the bottom of the FOH mixer where the engineer wrote what was where. Later mixers came with the strip, or individual strip rectangles, on the mixer face where you could pencil them in. Now they're electronic in many mixers. Not nearly as messy as the tape!

just want to clarify that i too find them useful on my RJM MMGT.

i laughed because the joke is that we can't simply add them with a firmware update, not that they wouldn't be useful in general.

Ah, gotcha. Agree. With the footswitch assignabilty and the way I expect to use the AX8, I just don't think the kick tags will work for me. I'll have to see if I can set up my presets in such a way that they can be useful. I've gotten quite used to the versatility of the Helix in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom