Display blanking

DakenSG

The display on my MFC-101 (mark III) has been blanking for quite some time now. When I power up it seems to work fine, but after leaving it on a preset for a length of time (say three minutes or so), as soon as I hit the up/down switch the display blanks. I believe the MFC is still functioning in this mode since all of the other switches (IA, Reveal, etc) light up and respond to commands, but the display doesn't come back regardless.

Any chance this is a firmware bug? I'm running firmware 3.01 currently. I run my MFC on Ethercon.

I have a problem with my MFC also. I am running the most current version of the firmware. The entire unit is froze up and the reset protocol is not working. I am waiting for customer service to assst.

I've had the same issue with my mkIII. The unit appears to be functional and patches change, etc. but the display is blank. Prior to it going blank, I had a series of strange characters pop up. Whenever I changed a patch, the characters would change as well. This last 3 patch changes and much consternation on my part before going completely blank. Makes things a little tricky. Did you guys figure out what was wrong with your units?

Sorry for the dated response, but after a suggestion from the Support team I updated my firmware and the problem was seemingly fixed for a while (about a month). Unfortunately a few days ago I brought the MFC to a gig and the problem occurred once again. This time I was completely unable to get it to respond, even after several reboots and trying different cables. I've re-submitted my ticket to the support team as of today. I'm under the impression that this will need to be repaired, but if anything else is true, I'll let you guys know.

Back
Top Bottom