Discriminating same notes with arpeggiator

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Hi, actually I'm working on a cover of Kids in America, Shaka Ponk version. I made myself the synthesizer patch using some info on the web and then decided to put in an arpeggiagor just tu simplify the playing and not have the hassle with the envelope/treshold in the gate and having to damp the root each 1/2 measure during the synth playing.
Fot this I used the arpeggiator in the Pitch block in 4-stage setting but the sequencer in the block will just maintain the note of it's previous stage without "marking" it.
What I want is "hear" the attack at the repeat of the first note so that on playing a simple (for example) A, the unit will produce ^A / ^A / ^A+12 / ^A+12 (hearing each of the four hits only playing the first myself)

I'm not fine enough with the unit to produce this, can anybody help ?

Here's the patch and the link to the song on youtube.

Shaka Ponk - Kids in America ( reprise de Kim Wilde ) - YouTube

Hoping somebody can help me out !

Attachments

• Synth.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi, actually I'm working on a cover of Kids in America, Shaka Ponk version. I made myself the synthesizer patch using some info on the web and then decided to put in an arpeggiagor just tu simplify the playing and not have the hassle with the envelope/treshold in the gate and having to damp the root each 1/2 measure during the synth playing.
Fot this I used the arpeggiator in the Pitch block in 4-stage setting but the sequencer in the block will just maintain the note of it's previous stage without "marking" it.
What I want is "hear" the attack at the repeat of the first note so that on playing a simple (for example) A, the unit will produce ^A / ^A / ^A+12 / ^A+12 (hearing each of the four hits only playing the first myself)

I'm not fine enough with the unit to produce this, can anybody help ?

Here's the patch and the link to the song on youtube.

Shaka Ponk - Kids in America ( reprise de Kim Wilde ) - YouTube

Hoping somebody can help me out !

You may have better luck not using the arpeggio block and using different delays and the pitch blocks. To get the first A, simply route the amp out to the output. For the second A, take that previous signal, delay it a 1/16 or whatever with a delay block, and then route that out. Then for the two A+12's, split the original output and use a delay or multitap to delay it by 2/16 and 3/16 (for example) with no extra feedback (so they just tap once), then route that through a pitch block 12 semitones up, then route that out. So you have your original A, then delayed by 1/16, then the two A+12's at 2/16 and 3/16, with your played next note at 4/16.

I don't have time to try that right now unfortunately but hopefully that gave you some ideas?

Back
Top Bottom