Disaster at a gig last night

Hi guys this happened to me last night at a sold out show in a theatre.

Booted it up and every single switch has the three dashes even the factory presets.

The main preset with all the scenes is there in the main window on my FM-9 but the switches do absolutely nothing when pressed.

Had to steal a Helix off the bass player and knock some sounds up but very unhappy with the money spent and this type of thing happening.

I got into setup controller menu and could get each switch to kinda come back on but not to where I wanted it, it seems like it's accessing the scenes from the initial preset #1 even though it's on my preset which is up near #300 as all I could get was options Rhythm and Bassman59 which are not in my scenes if this makes sense?

I know I could scroll through the manuals etc but I'm on tour and with limited time once we set up to doors for a show, has anyone experienced this and know if it's just something daft that I'm totally missing please?

I spent a bit of time making all my presents and scenes a while ago in my home studio and that is where the back up is on my PC, so it was a while back as I expected to programme it all, and then lesve it for years, never though I'd need all thid nonsense.

Cheers in advance

Sounds like the layout got switched.

If you want to "dummy proof" your layouts for tour, once you set up your layouts to exactly what you need, copy your layout to ALL the layouts so no matter what, the unit loads with the buttons as you want them.

Thanks so much for all the feedback guys, yeah it's terrifying. This happened from the moment it was switched on so don't know what got knocked and hoping it doesn't happen again but hopefully next time it'll be easily fixed. Weird though how levels have also changed within scenes?

Hi all

So last night when I went to use my FM3 at a gig, I noticed it defaulted to preset #1, the tuner wasn’t muted anymore, all my songs and set lists were blank, the default startup layout was reset to #1 and all my foot-switches were blank and non functioning. My presets and user cabs were intact though so I was able to assign the foot switches on the fly and I was able to do the gig but I was definitely in panic mode.

Any idea of what may have caused this? The only thing I can think of is that the unit was on when we were setting up and maybe a cable was laying across the unit and it pressed something?

I was able to restore from my latest backup but now I’m scared this is going to happen again.
This is where an app based backup would be a great addition. It doesnt need to be an editor but could restore your settings. All I would need to carry to a gig is a cable from my phone to the USB in the unit. I am sure lots of people have put this on the wish list.

This is where an app based backup would be a great addition. It doesnt need to be an editor but could restore your settings. All I would need to carry to a gig is a cable from my phone to the USB in the unit. I am sure lots of people have put this on the wish list.
Unfortuantely working with phones as USB hosts is such a pain. Different phones have different quirks and they all try to pretend to either be a camera of a midi interface or something else when plugged in, and show different menus for choosing which that the user has to get right to use it. If it was on a list of tasks to chose from I'd always choose it last.

Back
Top Bottom