Disabling USB Out 5/6 ?

Andromalius

Inspired
Hello,
Since the working from home thing I got a webcam. Then I noticed it accepted "axe III" as an input and could record clips so... joy ! BUT... the webcam also records the dry strings input and I get a mix of both.
Problem: the webcam is a pretty simple device with one setting only, I can't choose which AxeIII outputs to accept, it's just "axe III line" so I can't just handle it like I do in a DAW and just routing the DI to a different track or ignoring it.
Is there a way to just disable the "guilty" USB outputs which are 5/6 if I've read the manual properly ? Didn't find anyting in the I/O menu to do that.
(Firmware 12.07)

I could technically bypass it by recording separate audio in a DAW and video with the webcam but that's a lot of work for stuff I'll just use to show riffs to my band and how to play them. Using the webcam has an ease of use that's hard to beat.
It's especially painful since I use the pitch shifter to downtune and the DI is in E standard...

I don't think there's any way to disable USB channels from the Axe FX side.

External audio input is most likely not a function of the webcam itself, but rather its software. You could try different video capture software and you might have more audio input options that way. OBS Studio is a good open source product for that: https://obsproject.com/

This might work. It works on the Axe-FX II.

1. Disable the input block's noise gate. You'll need a gate block in the main signal path if you want a gate.

2. Add a parallel path of shunts from In 1 to Out 1.

3. Replace one shunt from the previous step with a filter block, set type = null, invert = both.

4. Unlike the Axe II, the filter will need its level reduced to match the DI level. The required value will probably be -19.5 dB or -7.1 dB, depending on the global output level setting (+4dBu vs. -10dBv).

-----------

Alternatively you could connect the guitar to Input 2, 3 or 4. Unlike Input 1 these doesn't have a fixed USB output, but USB 7/8 can carry any one of them. So, make sure the USB OUTPUT MAPPING parameter in I/O: AUDIO is set to an unused input. Any pitch blocks using In 1 as detector source would have to be adjusted, using the new input or possibly "block in" as source.

If its just for bandmates, send the mp3 and the mp4 separately?
Actually, this gives me a better idea... I'm goint to try to see if I can record the video in reaper. The base goal is to avoid having to deal with multiple files and software.

I don't think Reaper can capture live video input. There are no options for video input devices. OBS Studio is a better bet for that.

Back
Top Bottom