Dirty Wah on Clean

TD77

Inspired
Pretty much have used the wah block on dirt channels and have no issues. However, I have a clean preset and when engaging the way block the clean tone gets a bit too distorted at full pedal down. I’d like to get it to clean up a bit but not sure how. If anyone can share some tips I would greatly appreciate it. 🤘🏻

Reduce the Level of the wah. You’re increasing level at different frequencies (that’s what a wah does) and overdriving the clean amp input.

Reduce the Level of the wah. You’re increasing level at different frequencies (that’s what a wah does) and overdriving the clean amp input.
Thanks Chris. I’ll give that a shot. I need a good clean funk wah sound and have had trouble. Will mess with this tonight. Appreciate it

You could also lower the maximum frequency of the Wah sweep. That will lower the toe-down frequency, which can also make the Wah sound a bit sweeter.

FYI...this happens in the real world as well. You either need to back down the gain of the amp (or look at where the freq boost of the wah is hitting a freq boost in the amp to distort more than desired and tune the 2 to avoid that) or you can use a compressor after the wah.

Back
Top Bottom