Dirty Shirley vs Dirty Shirley 2

marshall2553

Power User
Cliff if you happen to see this, can you give me an idea of where the serial number falls for the amp that the Dirty Shirley 2 model was based on? My Shirley is #71 and I seem to have better luck replicating it with the Dirty Shirley 2 version.

I have a recent DS40, and I find the original DS model to be much closer. The second one is way too aggressive. Maybe that gives some reference. Earlier ones could have had different component values.

From the Wiki on Dirty Shirley 2:
"This model is based on an earlier version of the Dirty Shirley with some different component values, a little more aggressive than the regular model."

So your assumption that the Dirty Shirley 2 model would sound closer to your amp seems correct.

LOL...I totally didn't know the difference but it almost sounds like I was quoting the wiki. :D I just did an A/B of my DS40 vs the first DS model this morning through the same cab. It's scary how the same exact knob settings on the amp and modeler sound identical. That's how close Fractal has gotten this.

I thought #1 was assembled under the influence of insaine amounts of the icky-sticky hydroponic chronic ... or was that another amp?

From the Wiki on Dirty Shirley 2:
"This model is based on an earlier version of the Dirty Shirley with some different component values, a little more aggressive than the regular model."

So your assumption that the Dirty Shirley 2 model would sound closer to your amp seems correct.
Yeah, I saw that in the wiki. I'm just curious how early "early" is, I don't know when Dave changed the specs.

Back
Top Bottom