Direct box?

Reade

Inspired
For my application I'd like a "good" quality direct box with a pad to lower to output of the AXE to better suit the input of the board. Can anyone recommend one?

You do if you run into a venue with a shite board with no pads, or a shite Soundman who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Happened to me a few times, glad I had the Radial...

You do if you run into a venue with a shite board with no pads, or a shite Soundman who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Happened to me a few times, glad I had the Radial...
You can use even normal mic channels without pading by just setting the output 1 volume knob to around 9-10 'o'clock.

You can use even normal mic channels without pading by just setting the output 1 volume knob to around 9-10 'o'clock.

Not always- played a fest two years ago, told the soundguy to pad my channel/treat it as a keyboard. Dumbass didn't get it, kept telling me to turn down my Axe. I keep it at noon, so turned it down to 10. Still too hot. Then down to 9. Then 7. Then 5. Then 3!!! Still too hot. Basically had to sound like shit for the show, which was a rather large and important event. Went out the next week and bought the Radial (after asking for suggestions here). Have only had to use it twice since, but was glad on both occasions I had this amazing piece of kit in my toolbox.

Having a DI on hand is a good way to be prepared for any situation. Ya never know, and it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Having a DI on hand is a good way to be prepared for any situation. Ya never know, and it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Absolutely. I always have one with me on gigs. But not for padding my signal, but as a nice all-in-one cable adapter/coupling. ;)

Back
Top Bottom