Dimarzio/IBZ vs BKP Juggernaut (Axe FX II: TS808/Diezel/Rec/SM57)

I listened three different times through pretty decent AKG headphones. I, uh, don't hear a huge difference, TBH. I think the Juggernaut was higher output, so that tiny difference in loudness always makes something sound more attractive. But besides that, I didn't hear a huge difference in "clarity" or overall tone.

Just not a ton of dynamic range in that tone to begin with. I mean, it sounds great, but either pickup would get the job done for that tone, IMHO.

Nice man it sounds killer. How much tweaking did you do to them to get it to sound great? I'm debating the purchase of SD, it certainly isn't cheap but if I want to make music on my own it seems worth it
You'll have to tweak alot, EQ, comp... basic things but well done. It's a good software, I'd go for it :D

I listened three different times through pretty decent AKG headphones. I, uh, don't hear a huge difference, TBH. I think the Juggernaut was higher output, so that tiny difference in loudness always makes something sound more attractive. But besides that, I didn't hear a huge difference in "clarity" or overall tone.

Just not a ton of dynamic range in that tone to begin with. I mean, it sounds great, but either pickup would get the job done for that tone, IMHO.

The difference about dynamics isn't very noticeable here, right, but it is, dimarzios sound too flat IMO. The Jugg has the low mids and mids boosted, that way you got more output without harsh and low rumble. But you're right, very subtle differences between them and both pickups would get the job done. My preset has some eq, attenuating some harsh frequencies so I may have attenuated some characteristic frequencies also hahahaha.

Very nice, Javi! Great playing and overall sound.

Which pickup did you like the most?
Hi Jotun666!! Thank you!!

I liked the Juggs, they have those mids I like and I don't have to be tweaking and boosting them/attenuating highs and lows with my AxeFXII.

Back
Top Bottom