Different modifiers per channel?

heretic

Hello All,

With my FM3 in route, I'm trying to get acquainted with the beast before it gets here - RTFMs and watching the great Utoob tutorials from Leon Todd and others... So helpful!
Can someone tell me if I can have different modifiers on a parameter for each channel of the same block? E.g. Can a Wah block be a pedal Wah in Channel A and a Envelope Follower wah in Channel B? Thanks!

kind of, it's just not so straight forward.

with the older gear, modifiers were shared on all channels. so if you put an expression pedal on the Drive in one channel, the other channel would have the pedal on Drive as well.

with the Axe3 and FM3, you can set a modifier to All channels (the previous way) or you can choose ONE channel (A - D) to have that modifier.

so you could set the Pedal to Wah Channel A, and no other channels. however, you can't then put a different modifier on the "Control" parameter (the knob that makes it go wah wah in the Block) on Channel B. the modifier would still be set to "Pedal on Channel A only."

you may need to use a Filter Block, Lowpass type, raise the Q for a peak, then attach the Envelope controller to the Frequency parameter so it sweeps that peak you made with the Q. slightly different sound, but might need something like that for a 2nd wah type.

you could always use another Preset with all the same settings except for the Wah set to envelope.

kind of, it's just not so straight forward.

with the older gear, modifiers were shared on all channels. so if you put an expression pedal on the Drive in one channel, the other channel would have the pedal on Drive as well.

with the Axe3 and FM3, you can set a modifier to All channels (the previous way) or you can choose ONE channel (A - D) to have that modifier.

so you could set the Pedal to Wah Channel A, and no other channels. however, you can't then put a different modifier on the "Control" parameter (the knob that makes it go wah wah in the Block) on Channel B. the modifier would still be set to "Pedal on Channel A only."

you may need to use a Filter Block, Lowpass type, raise the Q for a peak, then attach the Envelope controller to the Frequency parameter so it sweeps that peak you made with the Q. slightly different sound, but might need something like that for a 2nd wah type.

you could always use another Preset with all the same settings except for the Wah set to envelope.

I have always struggled to get a good crunch tone in the Fractal. Turn down gain and it gets thin fast. I know most here do not agree but that is my experience

Below is a video of the real amp tone I need live. My Anderson tele has a killer single coil that handles a fair amount of gain for a rock Plexi type tone.

**Words and descriptors of tone are not the purpose of this thread. It is to share pre sets. I will add what I am using when I'm home. Please let me know if there is a favorite on rig exchange or one you will share here, thanks!

Real amp context. Fractal smallbox sounds nothing like this so likely a Marshall will do

Holy ancient thread resurrection Batman!

It appears this is still the case. I'm glad I found this thread. I'd like to use a single WAH block (channel 1 = expression / channel 2 = envelope / channel 3 = sequencer like the ZVex Seekwah / channel 4 - not used). I'm not sure if that's just a simple choice by FAS, or a hardware limitation - but it's a bummer either way.

I currently use a 2nd wah block for the envelope, and filter lbock for sequencing.

Not sure if it's still the same case:

I was been trying to set a scene where Delay A is triggered by a the Envelope to move across the speaker, and in a different channel to stay in the center. I dropped the project since I couldn't figure how it's done (other than using different delay blocks).

Not sure if it's still the same case:

I was been trying to set a scene where Delay A is triggered by a the Envelope to move across the speaker, and in a different channel to stay in the center. I dropped the project since I couldn't figure how it's done (other than using different delay blocks).
In that case, you only need the modifier on Channel A, set it to only apply to Channel A instead of ALL.

Back
Top Bottom