Difference between the active & passive atomics

What's the difference/point of the active vs passive Atomic Reactor FR's? Would there be any reason to get the passive over active? I just don't understand what separating the powerblock from the speaker does, or is for.

Sorry for the noob question. :?

Some people may want to have the Atomic speaker setup, but are not interested in running a tube power amp, so they can use another brand solid state power amp and get the look of the Atomic.

Personally, I like the powered Atomics. They sound wonderful (when they work).

TimmyM

My plans are to run two of the passive wedges in stereo with my VHT/Fryette 2/50/2. Should sound rather awesome, or at least I am hoping so. :lol:

Is the passive version available yet? I don't see it on their website. If they make a passive stereo 2x12 cab I will be ALL over it...

MusicManJP6 said:
Is the passive version available yet? I don't see it on their website. If they make a passive stereo 2x12 cab I will be ALL over it...

I believe Tom King(head of Atomic) said they would begin shipping at the beginning of March. I am "patiently" waiting. :lol:

As of now, I don't think there will be 2x12. That's fine though. Get 2 passives and get some good stereo separation. ;)

Here is the link. http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13379

Back
Top Bottom