Difference between BasketWeave AX and TV Mix

guitarzpt

Experienced
Hello

I checked the wiki and it mentioned that these mixes are from two different periods of cabinets but "probably" sharing Greenback speakers.
Anyone knows what are really the differences between those two? And what Mic Mixes were done?
They sound really different.

Regards
Ricardo

Hello

I checked the wiki and it mentioned that these mixes are from two different periods of cabinets but "probably" sharing Greenback speakers.
Anyone knows what are really the differences between those two? And what Mic Mixes were done?
They sound really different.

Regards
Ricardo

I do not know the specific answer, but looking at the pictures they are VERY different cabinets; so they should sound different.

Agreed. I'd like to know too. The AX sounds like some other type of speakers. They're supposed to come with GM12 25s but there is another Greenback mix on there that sounds more like the vintage basketweave sound I'm used to. The AX, to me, sounds very "metal" and the TV sounds more like it might have Greenbacks although it is a little more modern sounding too. I just know I wouldn't use the AX if I were going for a vintage rock sound unless it were vintage hair metal or something.

Yes.. TV has much more bottom end. Sounds great. It´s one of my favourite cabs in real life.

Yes.. TV has much more bottom end. Sounds great. It´s one of my favourite cabs in real life.

I had one paired with a good David Bray modded plexi. Roar of the gods for sure!

A beast to cart though. Even with casters it fights you when you are carting it lol

So the TV cab is actually bigger then the AX?
Can anyone tell me the exact model of the TV Cab? I think I want to buy one :)

Back
Top Bottom