Diezel VH2 vs Dizzy V4 Silver

Today I had some fun comparing the Diezel VH2 ch.2 to the Dizzy V4 Silver. (The Ch.2 on the VH2 is "Ch.3 on the VH4").
First I compared the preamps using 4CM with the VH2 going into two Engl 2x12 cabs. Then I compared the VH2 into one cab vs. the AF3 with the Matrix into the other cab.
Dizzy V4 Silver 3 does not sound anything like the ch.2 on the VH2.
On the other hand Dizzy V4 Silver 2 is spot on with the VH2 ch.2.
I firmly believe that the Dizzy V4 Silver 2 is misspelled and shoud be Silver 3 instead.
I am completely stuned how good the AF3 with the Matrix sounds and feels compared to the real amp.
Pic or it didn't happen ;-)
IMG_2239.JPG

There’s been multiple people claiming the V4 channels 2 and 3 in the Axe FX are mislabelled, that channel 2 is actually channel 3 and vice versa, following the update to Cygnus firmware. There’s been reports from people that something has been ‘off’ with both of those channels for months now (although from what I can tell, nobody has said anything about channel 4, so that’s presumably fine). This appears to be another thread confirming the same thing.

There's been a lot of talk about this. A quick double check would be appreciated....if for no other reason, to reassure everybody.

Is there really no difference between Dizzy VH4 Silver Channel 2 and the real VH4 Channel 3?

My impression was that Channel 2 on the Axe FX sounds significantly brighter than the real Channel 3 of tthe real amp, certainly due to the Bright Switch that the real amp has for Channel 2.
That's what I'm currently missing on the Axe FX,
there are plenty of amps with brighter tones, but I'm missing the tone and assertiveness of Channel 3.

The two channels appear not only reversed, but also altered in tone by the Bright Switch.

Can you check this again @Peromustejn or @Thomas Obester ?

Last edited:
Is there really no difference between Dizzy VH4 Silver Channel 2 and the real VH4 Channel 3?

My impression was that Channel 2 on the Axe FX sounds significantly brighter than the real Channel 3 of tthe real amp, certainly due to the Bright Switch that the real amp has for Channel 2.
That's what I'm currently missing on the Axe FX,
there are plenty of amps with brighter tones, but I'm missing the tone and assertiveness of Channel 3.

The two channels appear not only reversed, but also altered in tone by the Bright Switch.

Can you check this again @Peromustejn or @Thomas Obester ?
the new vh4’s (2018 and newer) are really very bright amps.

it’s not dark and compressed amp anymore at all..

the new vh4’s (2018 and newer) are really very bright amps.

it’s not dark and compressed amp anymore at all..

might look up the amp bright cap value, I just discovered dual rec 3 channel solo head bright cap is 1nf (1000pf), models are almost all 250pf. solo head also has master bright cap (haven't been able to find that value yet) I put master bright cap 15-25 seems to work, master is usually down that low on those beast gain amps

Fortunately, you can configure the sound flexibly via other parameters and the selection of the appropriate IRs in addition to the bright cap.

Unfortunately, this is much more noticeable in an FRFR setting than with a real cab.

It's supposed to be, but as several other users have pointed out for a while now, the VH4 channels 2 and 3 haven't sounded right since Cygnus was introduced.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've had a VH4 (had a few, each a different year of manufacture). The old Silver 2 was definitely just mislabeled. It sounds pretty much how I remember the '07+ VH4 channel 3 sounding.

Back
Top Bottom