psbhachu

OK after getting rid of a shit load of equipment I am left with the following

Line 6 G90 Wireless
Diezel Hagen
Axe FX II
Maxon OD-808
MFC-101
2x Mission Engineering Pedals

So, what do I need help with? Well the idea behind this rig is to be MINIMUM and the only pedal I love so much and will never sell is my Maxon OD-808.

I will be using the AXE FX as an effects only processor. So 4 cable method and setup the correct blocks for everything. So everything including the Wah will all be Axe FX.

How can I incorporate the Maxon OD-808? Bare in mind the only cable I want running to the stage is the connector to the MFC-101. HEEEEEELP!!!

Thanks

P

Im not familiar with the Hagen, but does it have the 1/4" switch jacks on the back like Mesas? If so you can get something like a GCX switcher to control the pedal and amp channels via midi. If the amp is Midi only then you'll probably need like an RJM Effects Gizmo to get the Maxon controlled by midi too

Throwing more money at your rig will do it. To keep your single cord on the ground goal, you'll need some way to place that pedal in the signal chain in the right place. I use a Sound Sculpture Switchblade (there are others that will do this) along with a Diezel VH4 - I can put the pedal in between the front end of the AXE (placing wah and compressor there) and the input of the amp. Then I put the fx into the loop of my amp. Pretty sure the Hagen takes MIDI messages, so your MFC needs to send program change messages to the amp through the AXE on a different MIDI channel - also how I use it, no MFC though, different MIDI board. You'll need a MIDI cable to go from the AXE to the amp head. Probably other ways to accomplish this - Pretty sure you'll hear "ditch all that stuff and just use the AXE" comments too. Not from me, though, but it is what this board is all about.

Back
Top Bottom